Monday, April 28, 2014

Just call us the dog whisperers...

It was a very rainy weekend here in the twin cities... Which I think is pretty rare, which also means everyone (the doggies) were especially cooped up. After a day of corralling the beasts, I decided it was time to brave the cold rain and get out of the house.

Our "front door" is actually the back door since our alley is around back. I walked around front to grab the mail, then walked back to the garage and found this old, portly little guy. He just trotted right up to greet me as if it was on his doggy list of things to do that day.


I continued to walk to the garbage can to drop off some trash... he followed me. I looked around the alley to see if anyone was looking for him as he sat and patiently waited... on me. I saw he had tags on and his house was on the street behind us. I hooked him up on a leash and we went for a stroll. 

As I turned the street corner in the rain, he slowed down to a nice moseying pace as if he was enjoying the freezing cold rain. So refreshing. I later realized that we walked a block in the wrong direction, which is why he was dragging his feet. I guess his Minnesota nice way if saying "we're going in the wrong direction". 

As soon as we turned around, he quickly picked up pace. He didn't even need a leash. He led the way a few blocks down and trotted up the front steps to his house and waited at the door. I'm pretty sure he just wanted to go for a walk with a new friend. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment